Instructor: Manuela Kunz
- Tuesday 11:30am – 12:30 pm @ Stirling hall, Theatre B
- Wednesday 1:30pm – 2:30pm @ Kinesiology & Health Studies, Room 100
- Friday 12:30am – 1:30pm @ Kinesiology & Health Studies, Room 100
First Lecture: Tuesday September 13th, 2016 @ 11:30am.
- Tuesdays 2-3pm
- Thursdays 1-2pm
Location: Goodwin Hall, office 660.
Office hours might change during the term.
If you have conflicts with both of the posted times, please send me an email with your schedule to make arrangements.
- Laura Walsh: Office hours Mondays @ 3:30 – 4:30pm
- Amanda Baker: Office hours Thursdays @ 2-3pm
- Matthew Rodgers: Office hours Tuesdays @ 2:30 – 3:30pm
- Ashiqur Rahman: Office hours Fridays @ 3-4pm
all TA office hours will be held in Goodwin hall room 241.
Introduction to design and analysis of algorithms. Control structures: recursion, backtracking, exits. Data structures: structures, sequences, linked lists and references, binary search trees. Elementary searching and sorting. Introduction to assertions and loop invariants. Introduction to order-of-magnitude complexity. Introduction to numerical computation. Documentation, testing and debugging.
Python 3 is the programming language for this course.
- Think Python 2nd Edition by Allen B. Downey.
This book is available online without costs from http://greenteapress.com/wp/think-python-2e/. You can read it in HTML format online or download a PDF version. If you prefer the paperback version, there are some copies available in the campus book store.
- Some lecture notes will be made available during the term on course related onQ site.