Much of CASLab has changed under the hood:
- The CASLab Linux VMs are now running Ubuntu 14.04 (linux1-6)
- We have replaced NX for remote access with X2go. Documentation to follow shortly.
- Unity 5 is now available in Goodwin Hall room 230
- Our dual-boot lab machines now run Ubuntu 14.04
- Our main CASLab file server is now an IBM server running Ubuntu 14.04. Student files are now on SSDs
- Our main CASLab VM servers are new IBM servers running Ubuntu 14.04 on SSDs
- CASLab Windows Domain Controllers are now running Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2
After a bit of a rocky start with the iButtons, CASLab is open again. Besides modest updates and patches, there aren’t any major changes to CASLab this term.
Welcome [to Queen’s! | back!] Here’s what’s new with CASLab:
- We are pleased to announce that all CASLab PCs have been upgraded to new quad-core i5 machines with 8GB of RAM. The machines continue to dual-boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04.
- Goodwin 248 monitors have been replaced with new 23″ IPS monitors.
- Goodwin 241 is open with 6 machines, and a new iButton enrolment station.
- Student quotas have been increased to 1.2GB to 2.5GB depending on course enrolment.
- The CASLab website now uses WordPress.